Friday, June 3, 2011

Chromebook ordered!


Thanks to Gilt Groupe, I bought a Chromebook to be delivered in ... 4-10 days from now! It was a bit of an impulse buy, especially the dual quantity, but my partner might want one as well.

Why did I buy it? I like the idea of always being connected (this is the 3G version). I spend most of my leisure time on Chrome anyway. I have a work laptop which I use for personal stuff and maybe it's a good idea to separate the two. It boots in 8 sec from cold, and 0 sec from hibernate.

What did I buy exactly? I bought the Samsung 3G Chromebook. There's another one which is Wifi only. It weighs slightly more than a Macbook Air, but costs like 1/3. It also is totally cloud-based; everything is stored on a Google server. No programs installed. No data on the computer itself.

This is the beginning of my Chromebook journey. I will be posting updates and pictures to... the Chromebook Chronicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment